The Jackson Pledge

The Unity Rally was today. People attending were asked to sign the Jackson Pledge.

The Jackson Pledge
Jackson, Michigan
Sign It - Live It
  • I believe that every person has worth as an individual.
  • I believe that every person is entitled to dignity and respect, regardless of race or color.
  • I believe that every thought and every act of racial prejudice is harmful; if it is my thought or act, then it is harmful to me as well as to others.
  • Therefore, from this day forward I will strive daily to eliminate racial prejudice from my thoughts and actions.
  • I will discourage racial prejudice by others at every opportunity.
  • I will treat all people with dignity and respect; and I will strive daily to honor this pledge, knowing that the world will be a better place because of my effort.
Taken from www.birminghampledge.org.

There is also a new Facebook page for the pledge:

The Jackson Pledge

Promote Your Page Too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrison Keillor Is no "Companion" for Unitarian Universalists

Triggers