Blog Guidelines

I'm on vacation and study leave for July, so posts to this blog may be brief, sporadic, or even non-existent for the next few weeks. Meanwhile, you're welcome to follow me on Twitter, as that shorter format is more likely to get used by me during this time, since I can post easily from most locations via phone.

I've had a couple of requests for information on when and why I screen comments, so I thought it would be helpful to create a blog post on the subject. Here's my earlier post with guidelines, but it seems a bit insufficiently explained there, because I was new and exploring what things would be like on this blog at the time.

Yes, posts are moderated on this blog. I post most comments, but screen some. Comments that are critical of my posts or of our faith are allowed. I do not want to cut off meaningful dialogue, if possible. Comments will be screened if they are name-calling, if they are discussing personal accusations outside of the content of my blog post, or for offensive langugage, including profanity or racial slurs.

Also, I often do not respond to comments. While I welcome them, I sometimes do not have time to respond, or am content to let your comment stand as is.

Thank you for reading and for your comments. I'm sorry I cannot be individually responsive at this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrison Keillor Is no "Companion" for Unitarian Universalists

Triggers